Monday 1 September 2014

What was the artist Pari Chumroo thinking in her head when she painted that?

  Looking around and not only analyzing things as I wonder this colorful earth, I also am observing deeply each detail. Devoted to understanding the making of all things my mind always thinks of creative answers.  

   I decide to paint a story of all my mind goes through during this process. This can be seen  throughout all my art pieces. As a cultural artist, ultimately it is a way to better understand the complexities and contradictions of this world. 


    I set a goal in life many years ago. To become the voice for all cultures where silence has taken over expressions throughout. Although, I like to define cultures within my pieces I also take pride in leaving a little mystery throughout. 


  I do my best in silence. At night when the world sleeps I love creating. Often times I will also enjoy times in the day in a room far from others. " In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone,wrote the American existential psychologist Rollo May.  As an artist, I agree as I enjoy my creative solitude that melts onto the canvas and absorbs new life. 


  Then there are the times when gut-wrenching pain and heartache become the leading inspiration in my art. What may happen is that I will view the world as a safe place. Seeking out new adventures I will recall at some point in my life an event in which has shattered my positive perception. This will cause me to go on the periphery and see things in a new, fresh light. A light that is very conducive to my creative mind. 







No comments:

Post a Comment