Saturday 25 February 2012

Buried Treasures

Many years have passed but I still recall the day I stood in my grandmothers dining room where she painted and I asked her to teach me how to paint. It was then that she told me I cannot teach you something you already know. She noted to me that since I have the capability to draw then I am able to paint and I can do anything I put my mind to. A few days went by and the words from her lingered within my soul.
A place where a mind can relax in the true heavens of earth. The eagles soar overhead and echo the sounds of there beautiful voices. Where walleye can be pulled from the deepest waters and carp are known to be plentiful. Surrounded by large trees of deep colors Tippy Damn is like God's Little Heaven. I painted this treasure.

Two years later we lost my grandmother to a battle of cancer. Although we lost her physically her spirit lives within us all. When she passed I gave her back what she gifted me with. Just like her I am also a left handed person. I walked up to her lifted her left hand and placed my "Loomis Landing" painting under her hand. Then kissed her forehead and thanked her for all she blessed me with. I thank God for all the blessings and inspirational people he places in my life.

Sell Art Online

No comments:

Post a Comment