Wednesday 31 August 2011

Free your Mind, Body, and Soul with Yoga

Yoga, as we all know, is aimed to unite the mind, the body, and the spirit. Yoga therefore is considered therapeutic. It helps you become more aware of your body’s posture, alignment and patterns of movement. It makes the body more flexible and helps you relax even in the midst of a stress stricken environment. This is one of the foremost reasons why people want to start Practicing Yoga – to feel fitter, be more energetic, be happier and peaceful.
I myself enjoy yoga a couple of times a week. I also practice other exercises on opposite days of my scheduled yoga days. Yoga is the most beneficial to me.
As an artist, writer, and teacher my mind needs to be alert and ready at all times. Free to express myself and in a professional manner is one advantages to yoga that I find. If I am able to clear my mind in the morning I am able to open it to the opportunity for successful thinking with yoga.
Yoga tones the body and keeps it fit as well. A more toned and flexible body prevents less health complications as well as injuries to the body. These are just a few of the many advantages.
One disadvantage can be that if you only have 20 minutes a day to spend on your body and your foremost goal is to burn lots of calories, yoga will disappoint you. Although yoga is a sound adjunct to any weight–loss program and has even been shown to promote gradual weight loss, it is not primarily a fat–burning enterprise.
Take the time for your mind, body, and soul and experience some yoga. Start with a few days a week. Drink glass in the morning before you begin your yoga practice. Below is a diagram with a few of the yoga stretches.



© 2011, parichumroo. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment